Sweet & Sour Down

I must have overload the sweet and sour server, till it was unaccessable this morning. I manage to get in, at a very slow pace, and change the cron job settings for the penangbloggers.unil.cc site. The initial setting was to run the cron job looking for update every 5 minutes, and when it is done, send out a mail to my mail accout. I guess it is too taxing for 1 processor server to do that, and it almost crash. So I change the frequency to 30 minutes and remove the mail address, so that the server do not have to send mail at all, less server load. Imediately I make the changes, everything is back to normal, my sweet and sour site is accessible again and the server load has drop from 25 to just 2. Phew...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Prints

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?