Digital Prints

I went over to BJC last night to have some photos printed (from http://sweetsour.uni.cc/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=12). I asked some of my friends here in office they told me that the cheapest that we can get for 4R digital print here in Penang is about RM0.45 per piece.  However, he doesn’t know where it was.  Since I was quite in a hurry, and I didn’t want to or rather lazy to scout around, I just went to a photo shop that I know in BJC, the ground floor Kodak Photo Shop that is in the middle (literally) of the complex.  It cost Rm0.60 per piece, quite a lot more than the cheapest price, but since I am only printing a few, I didn’t mind.  It only took a hour to get the photos developed and we paid RM4.00 for one of the photo to be blown up to 5R.  Notice the huge price difference between 4R & 5R.  However, the photos did not turn up as expected.  The shop pretty much adjusted the contrast and color a little and that resulted red blemishes (like rashes) to appear on the skins in the photos (baby photos).  Poor baby.. it looks like the baby got penyakit.  Anyway, I will definitely not go back to the shop, as the cost and quality of print is not there.. will try USM Kodak (next to KFC) next time… now sure how their prints are…

Comments

Peter said…
Purple Red Studio opposite USM produces reasonably good printout and they do not charge the usual RM5 handling fee. RM4 for a 5R print is exorbitant. I think most studios charge between RM1 to RM2 for that size.
Kew said…
Yea... I think I have been cheated... dam... not going back there again...
ashotiwoth said…
kew...
it's RM0.45 a piece for 4R at Purple Red near USM...
no handling charges incurred...
the printout quality is ok...

btw, u stay in Sg Dua area?
Kew said…
Yea... how you know??
ashotiwoth said…
wild guess ler...
i'm staying in Sg Dua also...
Taman Pekaka apartment behind Makro there...
i used to be USM student ler.. :D
how about u? maybe we can come out lim teh some time..

btw, correction... the price for 4R printout is RM0.50, not RM0.45... no handling charges...
Kew said…
Yea...we can do some blogger meetup.. Peter Tan is also in Pekaka...

Correction:- I am staying in Sg. Ara.. always mix up between this two place name.. hehe.. I used to stay in the condo next to lip sin... but that was long ago...
ashotiwoth said…
yeah...
Penang Blogger meetup... :D

Popular posts from this blog

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?