Rediffmail

LCF Weblog has brought to my attention of Rediffmail, a web mail server that provides free mail service with 1G of web space.  My mum has been using Hotmail for quite some time.  The problem with hotmail is that when the account is not access for some time, like 3 months or so, the account is deactivated.  And have re-activate the account again with all the hassle.  And so, I have been looking for a new mail account for my mum to use.  When Gmail was first announced, I thought wow, 1G, this would be the best cause my mum gets loads of attachments from families world wide and she has to always download them and archive them as hotmail only has a mere 2 meg of space… Now with Rediffmail in the horizon, no need to wait for Gmail anymore.  I will be going back this weekend and can migrate mum immediately.  Bye Bye Hotmail… Hello Rediffmail….

Thanks for the heads up CF Liew

Comments

Andreas said…
You can also check spymac.com or adventuremail. The first offers a bit more than GMail in terms of add ons, and adventuremail offers 2.5GB - I haven't tried any, just commenting.
Kew said…
I have actually tried SpyMac, but the interface is rather picture heavy, and it is very slow even on my broadband. My mum has only dial up, it will be worst... so, not going for SpyMac...

Will check out this adventure mail you speak about..

Popular posts from this blog

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Digital Prints

Gmail - What would you Do?