Energizer was my choice

I finally decided on Energizer and bought the 15minutes charger that comes with 4 2200mAh batteries for $27 at Target.  There was this guy at the Canon Talk forum at dpreview.com that advice against Energizer because the charger, according to him charge the batteries in burst mode, and is bad for the batteries and also cannot charge other types of batteries other than Energizer.  I decided to get it to test it out, to find out if what he was saying is really true.  To me, I don’t really care if the batteries last forever or just last 500 cycles.  Nothing is forever anyway, the more we recognize this fact, the more we can deal with changes.

 

Anyway, I got the batteries and whola, the batteries were ready in 15 minutes.  In addition, there was also a cooling fan built into the charger to cool off the batteries.  This is the first time I sees any cooling fan in a battery charger.  The fan is making a loud noise, like all fans do, and think this is more good than bad.  First it cools down the batteries, which is good for them, and secondly, I can now locate where I charge the batteries.  In the past, I have to go looking into corners to find where I charge the batteries.  The noise was not too loud and it is softer than the computer fan sound.  

 

By the way, Energizer.com boast that they replies all enquiries within 24 hours, and today is almost a week since I send them my question regarding the charger, and I have yet seen any reply.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Prints

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?