MAS online Jitters

I booked a flight from Png - KL on Monday and was quite happy to get flights on this long holiday weekend. Though the flights were not as cheap as AirAsia like one of my friend got it for (RM9.90), I was rather happy cause i do not have to pay full fare for a MAS ticket. So, after booking the ticket on Monday and got the confirmation mail, I was happily doing my things through out the week. By wednesday, I thought I should print out the e-ticket so that I could check in on Friday. I was surprise to see the system was down. Well, since the system was down, I did not think much of it and proceeded with my week and then this morning, I remembered that I have yet to print the e-ticket. So I went to MAS online and to my horror, my booking was no more there. Something must have happen during the down time and cause my booking to be deleted. I then called the 24hr reservation hotline to confirm if my name is still on the flight, and luckly for me, the booking has been confirmed. I asked if I can checkin without a E-Ticket printed out and the operator said I can checkin with my confirmation number.

Will see if this works, as the flight is tonight. I just hope that I dont face additional trouble like what I had the previous time with MAS. Previously I booked a ticket from Png - Langkawi and also, upon booking I was rather happy as the flight fare was reasonable. But upon my arrival at the airport, I faced many problems at the check in counter as what I have printed out was not an e-ticket, what I had was just my itenary and I was not allowed to check in with it. After the clerk went to check with his boss and some system inside the MAS office, the clerk finally gave me the tickets, luckily for me, I went early, and so, with the delay, I was still able to make the flight.

I have never faced with such problems before from AirAsia, I guess this just goes to show that it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

I was not surprise to see that I was not the only one with problems with MAS online... ScreenShots has many mails on different type of problems from getting cheap flights to credit cards...

ScreenShots:
MAS...... Mesti Ada System
MAS...... Mesti Ada System (2)
MAS...... Mesti Ada System (3)

Comments

Anonymous said…
i know this guy and he happens to be my boss. anyways i introduced that blogspot to him and perhaps after reading how powerful that site was when maxis had to kowtow to jeff, i guess he decided to sent his emails to jeff for public viewing.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Prints

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?