Malay Interface

Following the pointer from Hafiz Ismail on the "Windows XP Malay Interface Pack", I downloaded the file and tried it out. The download and installation were all easy and without any glitch, whoala, my 'Start' Menu becomes 'Mula' Menu. First thing I did was went for a tour on my entire system and found that only a certain softwares / menu the interface has changed to Malay, the others, such as office and IM, etc.. all still remain in English.

I also can't help laughing at some of the terms that has been translated. One of which is the 'Run' command, it has been changed to 'Jalan'. This laugh is mainly because the terms that are used a rather alien, and not used to. After thinking further, I am also not sure why I find the terms funny. For example, at IE, 'Home' was changed to 'Rumah', when I first saw it, I laughed, then after thinking further, I think 'Rumah' really represent 'Home' the best, there is no other word, and then suddenly, the word is no more funny, and it is as functional as 'Home' itself.

I suggest everyone to try it out, after all, it is free, and we all lived in Malaysia, why not use windows in Malay...

Oh, by the way, I do find my windows do take some time to pop up after installing the pack.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have a life!

Everyone is starting to learn English!

Stop turning the clock back!
ashotiwoth said…
Kayu Ria Cucuk-Dan-Main... :D kekekek
(direct translation from Plug-N-Play Joystick)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Prints

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?