Enzo Ferrari & Shell

The guy behind the world famous red car - Ferrari, had a very intersting history. My housemate bought a DVD "The Story of The Man Behind The Legend - Ferrari" by Carlo Carlei and Sergio Castellitto acted as Enzo Ferrari. The story was about the struggle of one man, and his team to make their dreams come true. It is truely an inspiring movie touching the human nature and from here, one can deduce he traits of success. Through out the move, I have notice Shell logo has been with the Ferrari company for a very long time. Later, I found out that Shell has been with Ferrari ever since they started in 1947. Reading more, I have also found out that the current V-Power fuel from Shell is 99% similar to the fuel that Ferrari F-1 race car uses.

No wonder la, the fuel has too much power for my measy proton, infact it has so much power, till I think it is damaging my car. For the few times that I filled my tank with V-Power, I have problems with some tiny gears on my Fuel Injection engine. The plastic gears (yes, there are tiny plastic gears for the fuel injection engine on my wira) broke a few times and they are not cheap, a good RM200 for every replacement. After a few repeated case, I have concluded that the V-Power fuel is too much or my proton to handle.

The Extra-Kilometer on the other hand really works. On the past month, I have made two trips from Penang - Malacca. On the first trip, I filled my car with Shell (green) Extra-Kilometer fuel and when I arrived at M'cca, to my surprise it was only 3/4 tank used, usually it would take the whole tank. On my returning trip, i filled my tank with our very own Petronas Unleaded and as usual, my whole tank was gone when I arrived at Penang. Two weeks ago, I decided to try again the extra-kilometer fuel, and again, it was only 3/4 tank used. Again, on my returning trip, I used Petronas, and when I arrived at Penang, the entire tank was gone. I was really surprise to see such huge difference in terms of Km gained from the shell fuel. When it was first introduced into the market, I did not pay too much attention to it as I thought it was just another marketing gimmick, something to make them stand apart from other companies. Well, I thought wrong, and the fuel indeed gave me the extra milage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Prints

The search for Rechargeable Batteries

Gmail - What would you Do?